When you’re ready to retire, the most important employee is the one you haven’t hired yet.
In addition to assisting you in finding a successor, Acumen has a multitude of resources to address all facets of succession planning.
- Current owners retain some percentage of ownership
- Owner hires President, GM, and/or COO
- Work together for a vesting period of 2-4 years
- New employee either injects cash upfront or percentage of bonus is used for monies to transfer to owner at end of vesting schedule
- Deferred compensation is established and secured
- Insurance policies created for both parties
- All stakeholders agree ahead of time – no misinterpretations
Hire your successor without a fire drill and with confidence knowing you are well-positioned for your next chapter in life.
There are only 5 ways to leave your company:
Quit/walk away, get ill, or sadly pass away
Hire from within and train your replacement
Sell your company externally or internally
Give it away – next generation
Recruit your successor – hire a key person to take over
Read Our Latest Succession Planning Blog Posts
- Transition & Exit Planning: Why, When & How? Hosted by Ideal Business Transition Solutions and Now CFODo you have solutions penned for the uncertainty in life? Are your family and employees protected?
- Transition & Exit Planning – The Why, When, and WhatSuccession planning webinar on how to maximize financial return and strengthen your organization as you plan for retirement.
- Retire Without Selling – Putting Your Plan to Work, Part 3Retiring without selling, putting your plan to work. Part 3 of series lead by Alice Tang, Suzanne Hanifin, Don Bielen, and Jim Grew.
- Retiring Without Selling – Crafting Your Personal Plan Webinar, Part 2Retiring without selling, crafting your personal plan. Part 2 of series lead by Alice Tang, Suzanne Hanifin, Don Bielen, and Jim Grew.
- Retiring Without Selling – Finding Options For You Webinar, Part 1Retiring without selling, finding options for you. Part 1 of series lead by Alice Tang, Suzanne Hanifin, Don Bielen, and Jim Grew.
- Planning on Selling Your Business? Think Again…There will be a wave of Baby Boomer business owners retiring but research shows there aren’t enough buyers for all those businesses. What are the alternatives?