Manufacturing/Structural Engineering Manager – Tualatin, OR
Established in 2007, Acumen is recognized as the leading certified woman-owned Executive Search Partner in the Pacific Northwest with a global clientele. We deliver high-impact results and higher than national average retention rates, while nurturing genuine long-term relationships. Acumen works shoulder to shoulder with our clients to deliver customized, meaningful, and proven leadership solutions empowering organizational success.
Acumen is excited to partner again with our client, an innovative and agile family business with an open-door policy for their next Engineering Manager. Our client designs and manufactures coiled wire fabric systems for architectural, security, safety applications, and zoological habitats. They have expanded their product line considerably since their humble beginnings making fireplace screens in 1987. This is a company that is an industry leader in the markets they occupy and are widely respected by architects and designers; they have been profitable since opening their doors over 34 years ago. Our client continues to diversify and expand its product applications for a multitude of purposes. This company has a plethora of long-term employees – a great culture!
This is a great opportunity to work as a team leader with a growing and fun manufacturing organization, offering the challenges and rewards of a small organization with huge career growth potential.
If you are:
- A person that loves to ‘dabble’ in lots of different arenas – from internal machine design to manufacturing strategies, construction projects, and finding solutions for client needs
- Take ownership of your department improving communication and understanding
- You are a leader – you communicate clearly and can articulate complex ideas easily
- Able to create a dynamic work environment, raise team skills, morale, and drive results
- Experienced/proven in the engineering side of construction ‘from start to finish’
- A mechanical engineer, familiar with process, new systems, and how to impart knowledge
This opportunity may be for you!
The Engineering Manager leads the Engineering and Drafting departments, ensuring accuracy and quality overall. This position is multifaceted. This is a technical engineering management position, consisting of production optimization, streamlining manufacturing processes, and eliminating waste of time and materials
You will ‘own’ process improvements, design, and quality for shop floor activities, which are critical for measuring success in this position.
You will be highly attentive to detail and able to get things done efficiently. You will work with sales, engineering, operations, manufacturing, and the executive team, along with external consultants earning their respect and buy-in.
- Efficiently and accurately manage the Engineering and Drafting department to support sales and product development
- Develop processes and systems to design new products, leveraging the best technology to ensure a dominant market position
- Keep projects moving, realize need for continuous uninterrupted manufacturing flow
- Analyze workflows and operations throughout the manufacturing process to minimize waste and maximize production
- Create new lines of opportunity for R&D by saving time and effort with continuous improvements and strategic planning
- Work with production department to meet and exceed manufacturing objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design effective product solutions. Develop/fine-tune process and product development initiatives
- Lead development and review, ensuring consistent and accurate product specifications
- Develop KPI monitoring systems to determine ways of continuous improvement
- Meet goals and collaborate with operations, provide regular checkpoint reporting
- Support Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing as appropriate, share innovative ideas
- Proactively ensure concept designs, customer, and production drawings are accurate
- Develop and review bid packages, always finding ways to improve on processes
Experience / Requirements:
- 5+ year professional experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- 2-3 years Supervisor experience with Technical Team
- 3-5 years of relevant Engineering experience
- 2 years minimum experience using Engineering Analysis Software
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or other associated field
- Experience in Construction or Architectural Engineering preferred
- Experience in manufacturing, ideally forming process or wire products
- Experienced Manager that can support executive team as well as research and development
- Adept at integrating and leveraging technology into existing manufacturing environment
- Have strong statistical analysis skills and hunger to grow and lead in your role
- Personable, with a sense of humor, you love to collaborate and deliver solutions
- A strong communicator, and believer of continuous improvement processes
- Process Analysis and design, understand manufacturing equipment
- Have excellent coordination skills and ability to partner with professional consultants
- Communicates clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization
- A positive leader that can earn respect and trust – someone that enjoys team building
- Possess a great work ethic. Able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Listen and consider options, be collaborative to find best solution and way forward
Procedure for Applying:
To apply or see our other positions available, please go to Acumen Executive Search to submit a resume and brief cover letter indicating your interest in the opportunity. If our current open positions are not the right fit for you and you would like us to share relevant opportunities, please send your resume and a brief cover to info@AcumenESearch.com.
Keywords: Engineering, analysis, leadership management, manufacturing & process analysis, manufacturing cost, project costing, design, drafting, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Engineering analysis software, coordinator, team builder, engineering technology processes, collaborative, communication, leadership, KPI monitoring systems, continuous process improvement. Analysis, technology for manufacturing, Analyze workflows and operations