Director of Operations – Aerospace Manufacturing
Established in 2007, Acumen is recognized as the leading certified woman-owned Executive Search Partner in the Pacific Northwest with a global clientele. We deliver high-impact results and higher than national average retention rates, while nurturing genuine long-term relationships. Acumen works shoulder to shoulder with our clients to deliver customized, meaningful, and proven leadership solutions empowering organizational success.
Acumen is once again partnering with Arnprior Aerospace Inc. to find their next Director of Operations who will have oversight of the company’s Portland, Oregon machining facility.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Operations is a key leader and the face of the organization at the Portland, Oregon facility. Working collaboratively with the members of the leadership team at the Canadian Head Office, the Director of Operations will be a results driven leader who will foster a culture of high performance, teamwork and accountability, instilling pride and purpose in achieving the company’s goals and ensuring Arnprior Aerospace Portland‘s sustainable future growth and profitability.
- Have at least 7 years of broad experience leading high-end machining operations with aerospace clients.
- Can be a hands-on leader for the Portland, Oregon facility, comfortable in the office and on the shop floor.
- Can quickly understand and streamline job scheduling, operations, quality programs, personnel needs, financial reporting, and customer service.
- Have the ability to collaborate on strategic vision and recommend smart capital investments.
- Can foster a culture of high performance, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Manage customer communication including maintaining schedule and quality expectations and looking for sales opportunities with current and new customers.
- Are a trusted leader that can join the Arnprior team and provide clear and timely feedback to the parent office.
Then this may be an opportunity for you! As leader of Arnprior Aerospace’s Portland facility, the Director of Operations offers:
- A great opportunity to join with a leading team in Portland and a strong international organization.
- Fast track to career growth under the mentorship of Arnprior’s senior leadership team.
- Entrepreneurial environment where you can “own” the success of the Portland operations.
- A chance to be a key part of the businesses post COVID recovery and growth.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Lead, motivate, and develop personnel, including implementation of the company’s values and behaviors to ensure a culture consistent with the company’s plan
- Ensure best practices, processes, standards, and procedures are consistently applied across all functions to ensure the highest level of quality and on time delivery of products and services in accordance with contract specifications while maximizing profitability.
- Motivate, coach, mentor, develop and lead the Portland team of dedicated employees, creating a culture of accountability and teamwork to achieve excellence at all levels and continuously improved results.
- Continuously review, create, refine, and enhance standards, processes, and procedures to streamline operations, reduce cost structures, improve productivity and profitability.
- Provide the Arnprior Aerospace Inc. leadership team with regular, timely and proactive communication on all operational and customer issues including Daily Flash Report and weekly/monthly operational updates.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, including health & safety and environmental standards and champion a safe and healthy workforce environment.
- Promote and cultivate long term collaborative relationships with key existing and potential strategic partners including major customers and suppliers.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development in order to meet organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Develop and implement annual operating and long-range plans concerning all pertinent aspects relating to operations, direct/indirect budgets and capital equipment.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing machining and manufacturing facility
- Exemplary customer/client-service skills and communication.
- Practical team leadership and people management experience with a proven track record of success building collaborative, high-performance teams.
- Full P&L experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Procedure for Applying:
To apply or see our other positions available, please go to Acumen Executive Search to submit a resume and brief cover letter indicating your interest in the opportunity. If our current open positions are not the right fit for you and you would like us to share relevant opportunities, please send your resume and a brief cover to info@AcumenESearch.com.
Keywords: Operations Director, Director of Operations, manufacturing, machining, production, aerospace, automotive, innovation, programs, logistics, maintenance, quality systems, sales & marketing, product development, business management, collaboratively, executive management, director, strategic, vision, organizational change, business processes, streamlining operations, business development, inspiring, managing, directing, leading